The Exchanged Life


Last weekend was one of the most meaningful weekends of my life. Our entire small group attended an Encounter 1 Retreat entitled: "The Exchanged Life" at Nagcarlan Forest Resort in Laguna.

Our trip was a 4-hour travel from Manila to Nagcarlan, Laguna via the zigzag roads of the Rizal province. It was a long drive, a bit tiring, but I'd say it was really worth it. The messages were very foundational: Father's Love, Sin, The Cross, & Spirit-Filled Life. For most of the members of our Discipleship Group, the messages helped them to really understand what Christ has done for us, what He really accomplished when He died on the Cross. They've also caught the vision and realized the great privilege in fulfilling their part in the Great Commission. Many of them expressed their desires to start their own Discipleship Group. It has always been my prayer that the Lord may ignite the passion and fire in their hearts to serve God's Kingdom. I knew it was the answer to my prayer! Thank you Lord! :)

In the "Deliverance" part, it became clearer to me that as God transferred me from the Kingdom of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light through His Son, Jesus, I must not allow the enemy to have any foothold and stronghold in my life. I must not allow him to have any right of way. Therefore, we prayed to be delivered from any of our past sins which has become a foothold of the enemy. We burned our past sins, shame, every single hurt and unforgiveness, and we claimed the new life that God has given us.



My husband was given the opportunity to serve by being assigned to discuss and help us understand what Water Baptism is all about. Many decided to obey and to publicly declare their commitments to follow Jesus by being Baptized that day. The priceless moment for me was to see my siblings, and everyone from our Singles Discipleship Group commit and for some, renew their commitments to follow Jesus! Praise God!





Mike and I also decided to renew our commitments to live the rest of our lives for Jesus. This is our second time to be baptized, and we both agreed that compared to our baptism four years ago, this time, we have a deeper understanding of what it truly means to follow Him and to live for Him. This is our way of publicly declaring our obedience and submission to our Lord and Savior. No Turning Back!


We left the place refreshed and renewed -- Ready to face our normal lives again, this time, it's 

NO LONGER US, BUT CHRIST!

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, 
but Christ who lives in me. 
And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave Himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20

Bonding moments :)







Comments

Popular Posts