My Late 2018 Year Ender

This might have been the most delayed year end video that I've ever posted. Since Mike and I got married, I've always been ending our year wrapping up the important events of the year through a compilation of our videos and pictures. Somehow, it's my way of thanksgiving to God for everything that He has done in our lives. Mike and I also enjoy watching them to be reminded of how far the LORD has brought us. 

I wasn't able to create our 2018 year end video in time because I got caught up with taking care of a very active toddler and just wanting to rest and sleep during my free time especially when my pregnancy hormones kick in. I also got busy doing some design projects for Mike's Leadership Camp last January. But the life documenter in me just couldn't move forward with 2019 without wrapping up our 2018. So with much prayer, God gave me the passion and time to finally finish our 2018 year end video.

Experiencing the new season of toddlerhood with Shiko was one of the highlights of my 2018. It has been hard and tiring at times, but it could never be compared to the happiness of enjoying every milestone and every adventure with him. God has been using him to grow patience and understanding to both me and Mike.

Another highlight of the year for us was finding out that I am pregnant with our second baby boy. It was a totally unexpected and unplanned blessing from God. It was also in 2018 when we welcomed Coleen (Mike's daughter) to our family. Although there were challenges that we had to face, the LORD allowed everything to fall in their right places towards the end of the year.

But the best thing that happed to me in 2018 was healing. You see, I've always been a naturally happy person, not wanting to entertain negativity and just always choosing to be optimistic in moving forward with my life. Last year, our whole Couples' Dgroup went through the Glorious Hope Program. GH is a healing and recovery ministry in CCF. I never expected that this program would unearth a lot of issues in my life that I have chosen to bury and ignore. All the while, I thought that I was okay, and that my marriage was doing fine, but through the program, I discovered that I have been living with a lot of resentment and bitterness towards my husband for many years. By God's grace, He allowed us to be able to process them, so I could totally be healed from my hurts and be free to love Mike with the love that overflows from my relationship with God. During our GH Graduation and Christmas Party, I couldn't help but cry as I shared my testimony on stage on how God healed my heart and restored genuine joy in our marriage. I might share that whole testimony here in my blog, in God's perfect time.

My "One Word" for 2018 was "GO". By the end of the year, I finally understood why God gave that word to me. "GO" meant walking on water, like Peter, fixing my eyes on Jesus even in the midst of uncertainty. "GO" meant leaving a place of bondage to unforgiveness and bitterness, and entering a place of rest, healing, restoration and love. "GO" meant having the courage and strength to move forward  and conquer one of the lands that God has promised us, when it was more comfortable to get stucked and not confront my personal issues. "GO" meant being set free from my baggages so I could be free to become everything that God wants me to be. 

"GO" meant: "...Focusing on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead... Pressing on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." - Philippians 3:13‭-‬14 (paraphrased)

I am now ready to officially start my 2019 as Mike and I enter a new season with a clean slate and a renewed spirit. My one word for this year is ABIDE, and I am excited to see how God will use this word to once again help me grow in my relationship with Him.

Our 2018 Year End Video.


Comments

Popular Posts