Popping Preps

We're nesting. Mike and I have been cleaning, decluttering, and preparing the house for Shiloh's arrival in the next couple of weeks. Last week, we also had the chance to shop for newborn clothes and stuffs. A month before we found out that I was pregnant with Shiloh, we donated almost all of Shiko's newborn clothes and things (except for two favorite onesies that I kept as souvenirs), so this time, we had to buy almost everything again. The only difference was, I guess this time, I was more careful to buy only the essentials and not get carried away by the salestalk of the peeps in Baby Company! 😛



I'm on my 36th week now, and OB already advised me to stop my everyday blood thinner shots (Yey! Graduate na!). I also expressed to her my desire to give birth via VBAC if possible, she was supportive of it since everything was looking good with me and baby during my doppler ultrasound last week. She just advised us that I have to go on natural labor on my 38th week because she doesn't recommend inducing labor for patients who had a previous CS incision. Mike and I are fine with it, and we're praying that all of my OB's decision would align according to God's will. 


My Birth Plan

We've also been preparing Shiko. We know that having a baby brother would be a huge adjustment for him. I try to talk to him about it often and reassure him that Mommy understands whatever he feels about being a big brother. I told him that he could be excited and happy, or he could feel anxious, or sad, or mad about these new changes. No matter what, Mommy and Daddy will still love and understand him. We don't want to put a pressure on him by making him feel that he is only expected to have positive emotions about being a "kuya". We want to make him feel that we respect him and his feelings. I know that he'll be a good and loving kuya, but I also know that he will  miss the full attention that he used to have as an only child. We want him to feel secure of our love and acceptance of him no matter what.

Shiko will be staying with us during our whole duration of stay at the hospital so we're hoping to get a room with a bigger floor space depending on availability. We've checked the latest room rates at St. Luke's Global and I'm sharing it here to help those who are also planning to give birth there this year since most of the posts that I found when I was doing my research were no longer updated.


A Birthing Room now converted to Deluxe Private


Executive Private
Photo from SLMC Website

So there, my 38th week will be during the Holy Week, so I might give birth by that time, or the week after, depending on our condition. Please pray for our safety, for God's provision, and above all, for us to experience the supernatural presence of God during the entire delivery. 

Comments

Popular Posts