Emptied to be Filled: My 27th Birthday!

Last Monday, was my 27th birthday. A day before it I was able to spend time with my parents and siblings after attending the Sunday Service. It was a very meaningful moment when I shared my testimony to my family about God's provision for my birthday! If I could just write the whole story here! It was really AMAZING that I was crying the whole time I was sharing the story with my family! All I can say is that, God is really a sweet loving Father!

When I was younger, my birthday was always such a big deal for me because it's that one day of the year when I get to see all my friends and family (some don't even know each other) in one place to celebrate my special day. I remember preparing for it months before, saving my salary to make sure that I will have the celebration that I want. Well, I still miss the people who celebrated my birthday with me year after year. Most of them I no longer have the chance to talk to. 


This year is different. No more huge birthday blast. Actually, I would say that this is the year of my life when God took most of the things that I once thought were important to me. He literally emptied my hand so that He could fill it with WHAT MATTERS MOST -- THE REASON FOR EVERYTHING! The best gift that someone could ever receive! -- This was the year when He revealed His purpose for my life. And I am so grateful, because I now know to Whom I should live the rest of my life for. 


This is the year when I realized that I don't have to grab everything, or to keep myself busy with doing a lot of stuffs. Instead, God taught me to actually do less. To just focus on what's important. To do only the things that He wants me to do. This is the first time in my life when I felt this kind of fulfillment! The joy in knowing that I am in the exact place where God wants me to be! 


He gave me a song that day. The song THROUGH IT ALL by Hillsong. I am very much familiar with this song, but it wasn't really one of my favorite worship songs. What's amazing was, with all the miracles that happened on a such impossible situation that day, I believe that it is no coincidence that someone was singing that song in the Videoke when we arrived at our parent's house that afternoon! It made me burst into tears! 


Right after my midnight prayer and quiet time, I asked GOD'S BIRTHDAY MESSAGE for me. And He gave me these messages through 2 Timothy Chapter 2:



  • DISCIPLE. - 2 Timothy 2:2
  • Do not be attached to the world, endure suffering as a Soldier of Christ. - 2 Timothy 2:3-7
  • The Word of God cannot be Chained! - 2 Timothy 2:8-13
  • Do not be involved in worthless talks! (I needed this one at that very moment!) - 2 Timothy 2:4-16
  • Keep yourself pure for the Exclusive Use of The Master. - 2 Timothy 2:20-22
  • Be kind and patient with difficult people. (He emphasized what I really needed that moment! This is one of my weaknesses!)- 2 Timothy 2:24


NOTHING COULD EVER BE COMPARED TO THE JOY OF HAVING GOD'S PRESENCE IN OUR LIVES! 
THANK YOU JESUS FOR A PURPOSE-DRIVEN YEAR!

Comments

Popular Posts