Dear Shiko, Thank You For Teaching Me To Laugh

Dear Baby Shiko,

It's been another wonderful day with you. Your enthusiasm amuses me everyday. I admire your determination in mastering your new milestone of standing up. You stand up, you fall. And you just keep on standing back up again and again. You explore your little world crawling at the edge of the bed and trying to get whatever is within your reach. You smile and you laugh whenever you discover something new. And those smiles, those laughters, they fill my heart with so much joy!

Thank you for making me understand the heart of God deeper. Last week, as I was crying to Him and telling Him my burdens and struggles during my morning quiet time, He spoke to me through His Word:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future."
- Proverbs 31:25

At that time it wasn't that clear to me why God would ask me to "laugh" in the midst of the heartache that I was pouring out to Him. But during these last few days, everything is starting  to make sense.

Smile Baby Shiko, and laugh all you want. That's all I want to see in you. You don't have to worry, you don't have to fear because I will take care of you. I will feed you and provide your needs. I will not withhold any good thing from you, but I will take away anything that will cause you harm. So I am sorry, but I will not let you eat the remote control, the lotion and the liquid powder, I'll keep on taking it away from you even if you cry over it again and again.

I'll never take my eyes off of you.  I will watch over you. No, I will never let you fall off the bed. I will put piles of pillows as your barricades, and when you try to climb over the pillows and cross your bounderies, I will call you to return to me, and if you don't heed my call, I will get you, I will bring you back beside me... because the safest place for you to be, is to always be close to me. I will never get tired of helping you stand back up again and again whenever you fall. I will guide you, and teach you every step of the way. I delight in seeing you grow and learn! You make me proud even with your slightest accomplishment. I would love to bring you to places that you've never been! I want to dream with you and I'll do everything I can to help you reach your dreams. I want what's best for you because you are my son and I am your mother. So just laugh my baby... because there is no reason to fear, all you need is to trust me.

Thank you for teaching me what a child-like faith truly means. Thank you because I am now starting to understand that this kind of love that I have towards you could not even be compared to the unfailing love that God has for His children. He cannot not provide, He cannot not protect, He cannot let me go... simply because I am His daughter, and He is my Father. and it pleases Him the most when His children trust Him, when His children take refuge in Him. His heart overflows with joy when His children laugh... Laugh without worry of the present, laugh without fear of the future. 

Thank you for living up to your name my baby Isaac... my precious laughter. God's forever remider of His faithfulness. Dear Baby Shiko, thank you for teaching me to laugh! 

Love,
Mommy





Comments

Popular Posts