Always Loved (My 31st Birthday)

I was staring at the clouds while I was holding baby shiko in my arms yesterday morning. I felt amazed at the thought that even when I was still a little baby girl, as little as my baby shiko right now, God has already written this day on His book -- the day when I will be turning 31 years of age.

I imagined God staring back at me while I was whispering a silent prayer in my heart, "Lord, thank you." I have no other words to say... I looked back to those years in my life when I have made a lot of wrong choices and wasted so much time.. those years when I thought I knew Him, but I never really had a reverent fear of Him... those years when I was still in the height of my sinful life (and it wasn't that long ago) ... I looked back, and I just felt so small, sinking in the deep ocean of His grace. His love that allowed me to live this life that I do not deserve. I have no other words but "Thanks".

Few minutes later, while I was changing Shiko's diaper, a guy knocked on our door to deliver a boquet of red roses. I got surprised since my husband is not really fond of giving flowers, but I knew that this was God's way of making me feel special on my birthday. I wept a bit, because I haven't been that faithful in spending time with Him lately, but even in my unfaithfulness, He made sure to remind me that I am His Precious Princess, and His love for me never fails.


Tonight, I am documenting the many ways that God made me feel His love on my 31st bday:


 Pre-Birthday Photoshoot! - When I was still single, my photographer friend would always invite me for a photoshoot as her birthday gift to me. It's always been fun, and I treasure those beautiful portraits that she created for me. Last week, I and Shiko were invited to model for a product catalogue shoot for a babywearing brand. It wasn't a coincidence that the shoot was scheduled a week before my birthday, and this time, the shoot was even more special because baby shiko was with me!

Video Testimonial Shoot -  I thought that we wouldn't be able to make it because we were scheduled to come with Mike for an out of towm business trip, but God made a way by allowing Shiko to get sick 2 days before our trip. Our entire plan was messed up, and we ended up being at the studio on a Sunday afternoon, sharing the faithfulness of God through Baby Shiko's story. I dreamed of this day during my years of waiting to have a baby! I told myself that one day, I will be sharing our own rainbow baby story, and God will be glorified! Indeed, God's plan always prevails!

A rainbow ringsling gift from mommy jen


Bannofee Pie by Auntie Ninang




Shiko's First Lunch Buffet at NIU


Spending Time with family

It's been such a beautiful day. I am grateful for my husband, baby shiko, my family and friends who remembered to greet me in person and online. As I enter another year of my life, I couldn't ask God for anything more, I am happy, content, and at peace. In my prayer, I asked God, to not allow the blessings that I am enjoying right now to lead my heart away from Him. I also pray for God to continue leading me to the great plan and purpose that He has prepared for my life. I believe and I stand upon His promise that no eyes has seen, no ears has heard what he has plan for those who love Him! So excited for another year of adventure with the LORD!:)

Comments

Popular Posts