A Surprise Filled Year!

2017 has been a year filled with surprises. I was surprised with how patient I could be, how much sacrifice I could give, and how deeply I could love. I was surprised with how motherhood could change a woman's life in a blink of an eye, and how this little person could break my heart and fill it with so much joy at the same time.

Every single day, hour, minute, second, mattered. In between breastfeeding and diaper changing, the days (and nights) felt soooo long, yet, when I look back, I wonder where all the time went. My world revolved around these new routines and like grains of sand, this year seemed to have slipped through my fingers just like that. Sometimes I feel like I haven't accomplished much this year compared to the past years of my life, but God reminds me that every single second that I've poured out in the first year of Shiko's life matters because it will impact the rest of his life. The question is not whether I have accomplished much or not, the important question is, "Have I accomplished what God wants me to do at this season of my life?"

I struggled between my new role as a mom, and my role as a wife to Mike. This new season felt surreal and overwhelming at first, but Mike's support, understanding, patience, and love helped me until I was able to find my rhythm again. His selfless service to me and Shiko came as a surprise as well. I can't imagine how I could have been able to survive this year without him by my side.

God surprised us as He led us through paths that were unknown to us. He compelled us to take risks and make decisions that changed the direction of our lives, but eventually opened doors for new opportunities and new relationships. God's one word for me in 2017 was "RELY", and indeed, He never failed to be my rock and my refuge as I relied on Him every single step of the way, most especially during the last two months of the year.

Last night, God confirmed to me that His one word for me this 2018 is the word "GO". I do not know what 2018 holds, but I do know that God is already there, and has laid out every single day of the year for me. As I "Go" with God this year, I know that He will bring me to where He wants me to be. I pray that my one desire for this entire year may only be for God's will to be done in my life and the lives of those that He will entrust to me.

Here's a video summary of our 2017. Blessed and beautiful 2018 to you all! Cheers! 🙂


Comments

Popular Posts