The Re-Birth Of A Dream (The Story Behind She Wears Truth)

This dream began a few years back. It was in 2013 when I discovered #SheReadsTruth. Back then, it was just a small online community of a handful of women reading Truth together and sharing what they're learning about God through their hashtag in instagram and twitter. I can't thank God enough for leading me to this community. SRT certainly did a tremendous impact in my relationship with God by igniting a fire in my heart to seek and know Him more through His Word. The result? FREEDOM

Reading God's Word helped me learn about God's promises and His mind-blowing love for a sinner like me. As God revealed His heart deeper through my daily quiet time with Him, I slowly found my identity... and that was my path towards liberty. I then started to have this burden. What would it look like if more women will know their identity in CHRIST? And not just know it, but really believe it... claim it ... live it ... WEAR IT! (literally and figuratively!) every single day of their lives! I envisioned girls no longer having to seek (or beg) for love in the wrong places. Women being set free from the slavery of always needing to prove their worth. Mothers experiencing the joy and privilege of being entrusted to raise the next generation of world changers. Women living fruitful lives, women living free.

I know that there are already a lot of people out there who are working for the advancement of this same purpose, but I remember this verse:

"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." - Matthew 9:37-38 

The Lord of the harvest always needs more workers. And to work for Him is such a humble privilege.  So I thought, hmm... this little passion that I have with graphic designing, and this desire to somehow create an impact to the women of my generation.. well, maybe God could make something out of it, even at least for the people within my  circle of influence. Inspired by the online community that have helped me grow in reading Truth, I thought of starting She Wears Truth, a clothing brand which aims to remind women to "wear and declare" who they are in CHRIST.

In November 2015, I shared all of these to my husband. With all fire and excitement, I showed him my notebook where the mission and vision of this company were written. I even showed him my company logo and my first few shirt designs. I needed to get his approval first, and I was so positive that He would approve, after all, my passion and purpose were meeting in one place, how could he not support my cause? So after my well crafted presentation, to my dismay, my proposal was declined. I was so disheartened and confused. I cried out to God and asked Him, "Why do you always put a dream in my heart and not allow me to pursue it? My heart breaks everytime!" Of course, this isn't just about She Wears Truth, this question has a "hugot", a deeper sentiment. You see, during that time, I've already been praying and waiting to have children for 5 1/2 years, that's why it felt painful to me that everything that I wanted to have and do were all seem out of my reach.

Three months after that, we found out that I was pregnant with Shiko, and that's when I understood why God gave that wisdom to my husband. So motherhood began and years passed, but that dream has always been in my heart.

Fast forward to today, 6 years later. The season of my life has changed. It's been more than a month since Mike went home to be with the LORD, and I am left to care for two small boys. I reflect and realize, that whatever strength and courage that people see in me right now is still rooted in knowing my identity in CHRIST. Knowing that I am a daughter of the King of kings, the Creator of the Universe, gives me the assurance that I will always be loved and cared for, not only me, but all the generations who will be born after me. This is why I can face the future without fear. And once again, I have proven that God's Word is true:

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." 
- Jeremiah‬ ‭17:7-8‬

I strongly feel that God is telling me, "It's Time. It's time to use your passion to fulfill my purposes for you. It's time for you to pursue the dream that I have placed in your heart many years ago. It's time for you to Flourish." 

And so I am launching She Wears Truth in a few days. I realize that I can channel my pain here. I can share how God is carrying me through this season by turning my spiritual breakthroughs into T-Shirt designs... because who knows, maybe there is another woman out there who is also going through a difficult season. Maybe she needs to be reminded of who she is in CHRIST. Maybe she needs to not just know, but to wear it, to declare it... so the people around her may see how her life has changed as She Wears Truth





Comments

Popular Posts