ALL HIS!

Today was the last day of our church's 2-day Leadership Conference entitled: ALL HIS.  I had an amazing time hearing God's messages about the stewardship of everything that we have and everything that we are in this world. I was reminded, that I don't own anything, I am just a steward and so I have to ask my Master what He wants me to do with the time, treasure, talent, and influence that He entrusted to me. The messages were convicting and challenging, but overall, I'd say that being reminded of these things is very liberating. Indeed, the Truth does set us free!

I would love to go on and on and share how the Lord has spoken to me throughout the conference, but I can't find the words to put it all together! So I'll just share what part struck me the most.

I've mentioned in my 2013 Year-End post  that it has been the most challenging year for me and Mike in several areas of our marriage. Most of the challenges that we faced were actually consequences of our failure in being good stewards of God's provisions to us. In the year-end video that I included there, I used the song "Blessed be the Name of the Lord" by Matt Redman. It's because that song wraps up everything that we've gone through during that year. The Lord gave, and the Lord took away... With everything that happened, He taught us to learn to be grateful to Him, to let our hearts choose to say, "Lord blessed be Your Name!"

During the start of 2014, a friend of mine lend me the book "The Blessed Life" by Pastor Robert Morris, Senior Pastor of Gateway Church. Mike and I were so blessed by the principles that we've learned in the book about financial stewardship, tithing, and giving. It was such a surprise when we've found out that Pastor Robert Morris will be our Guest Speaker at the Leadership Conference! Co-incidence? I don't think so! It wasn't also coincidence that Mike told me before the year 2013 ended that our "One Word" for the year should be the word: GIVE , because that was what God was speaking in his heart. It wasn't co-incidence as well that the series in our church this year is focused on stewardship, thus, the title of the conference is ALL HIS.

With the many things that I learned in the conference, the highlight for me was when the worship team sang the very last song to end the 2-day event. I burst into tears when they started playing "Blessed be the Name of the Lord!" And while my eyes were closed, and my hands were lifted up high in total surrender to Him, every scene in the year-end video that I made came flashing in my mind! It was like God allowing me to remember them, and letting me know that He is pleased. Despite everything that we've gone through, He is pleased that we've decided to surrender everything that we have, and everything that we are to Him... because after all, they are ALL HIS! 





Comments

Popular Posts