My New Home Routine

So it's mid January! And this is my first blog post for the year. My husband and I agreed that the the "One Word" that we are going to focus on this 2014 is the word: GIVE.

With everything that the Lord allowed us to experience during the past years, He revealed to us that we have so much room to improve on in the area of stewardship. Most of the challenges that we've experienced during the last few years were consequences of our failure in being good stewards of the time, treasure, and talent that the Lord has entrusted to us. So this year, Mike and I decided to really be intentional in growing in this area of our lives. God's discipline (no matter how hard it is!) always teaches us the right way to live. (Hebrews 12:11)

As a full time house wife (with no kids yet), one of the many things that God has abundantly entrusted to me is my TIME. I have failed so many times in being a good steward of it because of being disorganized. I have also misplaced my priorities countless times. Starting this year, I want to improve. The first ministry that God entrusted to me which deserves the best of my time (next to my relationship with Him) is my husband and my home. While re-reading a book the other day, I was reminded that the very purpose why God created me (us, wives!) is to be a helper suitable for my husband (Genesis 2:20-23). Yes! Before I was created to serve anyone else outside my home, God created me for my husband! He created me to do whatever I can to make life easier for him while he is also fulfilling the role God assigned to him -- to Lead, Love, and Provide. And one of the simplest things (yet I always overlook and take for granted) is being organized in the home.

Inspired by Ann Voskamp's Grace Plan and 25 Point Manifesto, I've decided to start a new routine. Taking things one step at a time, I followed her "First things First" advice:


WORD IN. WORK OUT. WORK PLAN. 

A five minute exercise after my quiet time (music on!) is better than no exercise at all! And writing my plan for the day has been helping me get rid of distractions the last few days. Plus, there is a great feeling of accomplishment seeing the to-do list all checked and completed at the end of the day! :)




I'm still learning how to cook.
And no, I don't feed him Hotdogs everyday (haha!), we had veggies yesterday. :]
And it's one of those days when he's out late and can't eat dinner at home. :]
Any advice on learning how to cook is much appreciated though!
It's not my passion but I've committed to intentionally learn and put my heart into it this year. :]


With "GIVE" as my one word for the year, this little step in trying to be organized is my way of giving my time to where God wants me to use it, and not hoarding it and spending it on the things that I just want to do. This year, I know I have to step out of my comfort zone and by God's Grace face the growth in this area of my life. So how about you? Do you have any tips on how to be organized and be a good steward of your time? I would love to read them! :)



Comments

Popular Posts