Better Than I



I had an amazing encounter with God just a few moments ago. After watching the movie "Joseph King of Dreams", I was moved by God's message especially during the scene when Joseph was in prison and the song: "Better Than I" was playing while he was recalling every painful event that happened in his life.

I felt like God was speaking in my heart. I felt an intense feeling of worshiping Him through the song. I felt like the lyrics of the song was coming from my heart which was shouting in awe of Him:

"You know better than I. You know the way. 
I let go the need to know why. You know better than I. 
I take what answers you supply. You know better than I."

As the song repeatedly played, I cannot help but cry as I recall every moment in my life. Like a movie, the scenes kept on playing in my mind. With every scene, I saw Him beside me... looking after me... When I was confused, didn't know which direction to take, He was there, He picked me up when I was undeserving of His love. When I got married, He was there, sharing the happiness with me. When I struggled in the new life that I faced, He was there. The many times when I was broken, He was there, the Only One who listened and understood what's inside my heart. He was there with every teardrop. He was there when I was in so much physical pain. He was there... in three instances when He appeared in my dreams, comforting me with an embrace, telling me that He will never get tired of waiting for me no matter how many times I wander far away from Him.

I look back and realized that every good and bad things that He allowed to happen in my life were meant to bring me closer to Him, to know Him on a much deeper level, to teach me to wait, to trust His plan, to strengthen my faith, to make me feel how much He loves me and to let me know that He will be with me no matter what because He wants what's best for me, His princess.

He is here right beside me while I am writing this post. Telling me to keep holding on, to trust Him, Only Him! Not anything or anyone for He is the One who answers my prayers and cares for me. He is here beside me, telling me to walk His path for He knows better than I...

Here is His message as I finished in prayer: 
(Such a sweet Father. I speak to Him, and He speaks back to me with a very loud and clear message!) 

My people will again live under my shade.They will flourish like grain and blossom like grapevines. 
They will be as fragrant as the wines of Lebanon.
(Hosea 14:7)

O Israel, stay away from idols! I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you. 
I am like a tree that is always green;all your fruit comes from me.
(Hosea 14:8)

The paths of the Lord are true and right, and righteous people live by walking in them.
(Hosea 14:9)

Comments

Popular Posts