The "Ball of Fire" Experience

Last week, my husband and I went to the mall to buy our groceries. I saw a stationery booth where i found this cute little journal notebook. I really liked it and I couldn't put it down. So when my husband asked me if I wanted to buy it, I said yes, then I put it in the cart.

While Mike was roaming around the fruits section, I couldn't stop looking at the journal notebook. In my mind, I knew I liked the design, but I really didn't know to what I would use it for. It wasn't the kind of notebook that I wanted to use for my Bible Study or the Gratitude Journal that I am planning to start. I really didn't know why I was buying it, (I am the kind of person who doesn't like buying stuffs I don't need). Anyhow, I just told myself that maybe  it was too cute not to buy.

As we approached the counter to pay for our items, we were pleasantly welcomed by this cheerful and perky Cashier. She was very different from the other Cashiers that were present around. She was really nice and very enthusiastic. When she was about to punch the journal, she said this comment in a very lighthearted way, "Mam, nakita nio na po ang loob nito? Ang ganda naman po ng Diary!" ("Mam, have you seen how the pages inside look like? This Diary is so lovely"). Immediately after she said that, I felt something inside my chest ignited! Something was blazing inside! My heart was beating so fast! I remembered Crystal McVea, author of the book Waking Up in Heaven described her similar experience as a "nudge". I cannot find any other words to describe the feeling, but a "Ball of Fire" experience! It felt surreal but so incredible! I was speechless for a few seconds and Mike noticed. He asked me what was wrong. I told him that I felt something. He looked worried because he thought that I was sick or not feeling well. But when I told him that I felt that God was telling me to give the notebook to this perky Cashier, he immediately told me that I must obey.

I was tempted to ignore what God was asking me to do at that moment for two reasons: First, I am really not used to talking to people that I do not know. Second, I just didn't know what to do or what to say! But as I imagined myself leaving the counter without obeying, I knew I will not have peace. And I also felt that I was going to miss out on something. So I looked at her name on her I.D, and asked her, "Rowena, pano ko pwedeng ibigay to sa'yo?" (Rowena, how can I give this to you?) I asked her because I knew that Cashiers are not allowed to keep any merchandise in their possession while they are on duty. She looked very surprised, and she asked "Mam, bakit po?" (Why mam?) And this was it, in my mind I didn't want to answer her question because I didn't want her to think that I am crazy. I mean, not everyone understands the truth about the Holy Spirit and how He works. But I answered her anyway, I said, "Sabe ni Lord ibigay ko daw sa'yo tong notebook eh." ("The Lord asked me to give this notebook to you.") After I said that, I saw her trying to hold back the tears in her eyes, and with a stuttering voice, she asked, "Mam, Christian po kayo?" ("Mam, are you a Christian?"). I smiled and said "Yes". I saw in her that she was as overwhelmed as I was even while she was telling me to just leave it in their Customer Service booth, she could't even concentrate on what she was saying.

Before I left it in the Customer Service booth, I wrote her a note saying:
Dear Rowena,



Thank you for being so cheerful in serving your customers. God wants you to know that He is proud of what you are doing, and He loves you.


Love,
Misce
 I didn't know why I wrote that. Those words just came out flowing as I obeyed. I didn't know Rowena. I have no idea if she is a Christian or not. I also didn't know what was going on in her life at that very moment. I didn't know why she became very emotional when I mentioned The Lord, when she was very perky and cheerful when she first approached us. But this is what I know:  There were days when I, myself have experienced being downcast and low-spirited without other people knowing. And even if I just spend most of my time at home, I am so astonished by how God makes a way to uplift me and reassure me that He loves me. Sometimes, through a an unexpected text message from a friend, or sometimes through an anonymous email telling me that God is proud of what I am doing and He loves me. That's why I have no doubt, that night, it was my turn to be used by the Lord to let her daughter, Rowena feel His love, comfort, and appreciation.

I have read once, that we, Christians, are the hands and feet of Jesus in this fallen world. It is through us that He will let others (believers or unbelievers) experience His amazing love. What a wonderful privilege that is! And I was right, I could have had missed out on something had I not obeyed His leading --AN INCOMPARABLE JOY! That night, I slept with a huge smile on my face and an overflowing heart thanking God for allowing me to have that incredible experience -- an amazing encounter with"The Ball of Fire" -- God Himself, the Holy Spirit who lives inside the heart of His children.

To HIM ALONE  be ALL the Honor, Glory, and Praises!




This is the same as the journal notebook that God asked me to gave her.
I bought another copy to take pictures and give to a friend.

Do you have any similar experience? 
Please feel free to share your story in the comments section, 
e-mail me, or post the link of your blog post. 
 I  would really love to read them! :)






Comments

Popular Posts