My Strength and My Song

Towards the end of last week I felt a bit sad and dissapointed with myself because I haven't been a good steward of my time lately. I felt defeated by my flesh for not waking up earlier than my husband, for not having the passion to give my best in doing my household chores, and for spending too much time in facebook. I really hate myself when I am like that because I feel irresponsible and very unproductive. I also felt ashamed before the Lord because I've acknowledged to Him that my time is ALL HIS, and this is what happened.

During the worship service yesterday and during my afternoon quiet time, I poured out my heart to Him and admitted that I cannot do this on my own. I cannot win this constant battle with my flesh apart from Him! Thank God that His grace is always sufficient to those who cry out to Him. He spoke to me through this verse:


"...I will trust and will not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and my song..." - Isaiah 12:2

This is the first time that I actually encountered a verse that describes God as my SONG. And I couldn't take my eyes off of that word. Being a person who loves music, a song creates a different impact to me. My God knows this, and I love that He chose this verse to speak to me. So this is what I wrote as I meditated on this verse:


This morning, a Monday, as usual, I had a hard time waking up early again. But this is the verse that I've held on to, My God is my Strength and my Song! And He made me jump off of my feet with enthusiasm more than any of my favorite songs does! Praise God! :) 


Comments

Popular Posts