Grace

This morning I started the day feeling defeated. Actually, I've been feeling this way the last couple of days. I've been feeling lazy. I had no passion in doing the household chores. I haven't been exercising. I had no passion in doing productive things, I've fallen way behind my schedule in the tasks that I need to finish for our upcoming retreat. I feel like my flesh has been eating me up recently. And this morning, I slept while I was praying and reading my Bible. I didn't like this kind of feeling, it felt like I am spiraling down and I can't help myself to get back up.

Around noon time I exhaled a short prayer. I asked forgiveness from God and told Him how disappointed I've been feeling about myself. A few minutes later, my husband (who had no idea about the emotional battle that I was going through), played this song on youtube:

 Grace by Laura Story 

This was the first time that both of us heard this song. He said that he just randomly clicked a video on youtube and this was the song that came up. The chorus part of the song made me cry as I really felt that God was speaking back to me through it:

"I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up,
When I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory,
How far will forgiveness abound?"
And You answer: "My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face,
You'll walk in the power of My daily sufficient grace."

I was just so speechless by how personal our God is. We speak to Him, even through a short (and lazy) prayer, and He speaks backs to us. He always speaks to us, we,'ll know it is Him... if we will just open our hearts to listen.


Comments

Popular Posts